
I spent a bunch of time trying to find out anything about Grandpa Lofgreen. Fredrick Martinez Lofgreen was born in Bowie Arizona. I found he has a brother Tony who is buried there. It was an old Fort the same as Fort Grant where Mom was born. Anyway I found this web sight called find a grave . com It is kind of neat. You can visit any cemetery without even leaving the computer. Now I'm hooked. I found Julian Cluff and his parents I am in the process of putting Lena in and seeing if I can tie her to Julian and Mom. I haven't found Wanda though I guess we need someone who is down there get her added too. It is a fun way to visit graves and pay your respects without having to travel. With the links it is a good way to check your genealogy. Now if I could just find somewhere to find some history. I know Mom use to talk about the welfare farm where they lived in Central. I went there with her and Glenda once and took some pictures but I haven't been able to find them. She attended high school in Chandler.
I found Grandma Lofgreen's parents are in Central and I am pretty sure they went there because they were called to settle it and farm there. Well check out the web site if you have some time.
http://www.findagrave.com/
4 comments:
Oh my gosh~!! This is awesome!! Can't wait to try out the website...thanks for telling us all about it!
I was just complaining today about no one blogs anymore and up pops your post! You ROCK!
Thanks Lyle, for this awesome information!! ♥ you!!
Lyle, I have some pictures that you might be interested in. Also I will scoot by and get a picture of Wandas grave. Email me. I can send you the pictures that i have. ryllenandtannersmom@yahoo.com Teri
Brother, you have really outdone yourself this time.
Thank you very much.
Lyle, you continue to amaze me. Thank you.
Post a Comment