Saturday, July 24, 2010

Here it is the 24th of July and still nothing of the 4th

For those who missed the Lofgreen reunion it was great. Jim did a great job! Aunt Nelda was there and was full of stories. Thelia's family were the big attenders though we were missing a lot. Flagstaff was nice and Jim had a great campground set up. You probably all saw the e-mails.

It was kind of a tradition for the Eddie Jones family to spend the 24th of July in Veyo . We always got to pick some of the Leavitt's black berries and have some of Ruth's dilly beans. It was always enough cooler up there that we could sit out under the trees in the front yard and be comfortable. Mom and Dad, Loyd and Ruth got along good together and we spent the day visiting , eating and relaxing. Of course Ray and I always found time to explore the surroundings.

We use to go to Pine Valley and spend the day up there before it got so busy there was no room. There was nothing better than a water melon that had spent the day in the cold Pine Valley creek.

I also remember going to Uncle Lavon's ranch for the 24th It just so happened he had black berries growing on the pond bank. To this day I get hungry for black berries on the 24th.

I would be remiss if I didn't Thank our pioneers for the good life their actions have given me. Both sides of our family crossed the plains. I am pretty sure both sides of the family crossed the plans in wagons rather than pulling hand carts. But I know they must have done a lot of walking. I have always been impressed with Anders Persson Lofgreen's one journal entry. "We crossed the plains ." Life in Sweden was tough crossing the plain was just what they did. I have to find some black berries. Happy 24th of July.

1 comment:

sjones said...

Good job Dad. Sorry I missed it. Love you all.