Monday, December 12, 2011

Hand dipped chocolates

If you missed the party you missed some fun and a stirring of memories as we remembered Mom. After the kids all had their fill of dipping, mom would sit down and and go to work dipping the chocolates to give away. Each one had to be perfect with a mark on the top of each indicating what center they were. She would spend hours drizzling melted chocolate. We remember her making hay stacks from dipped marshmallows rolled in coconut. In the old days before the microwave she always melted the chocolate in the oven. As Paula was taking out the garbage the plastic bag ripped open and the garbage went all over the floor. She said what word would mom say right now? Everyone thought of the word Mom would have used. Thankfully Debbie was there and brought Howard. I think he enjoyed being there and it made us remember Lena and her many Christmas candy offerings. I'm not sure but I think Debbie dropped a couple of Carmel centers on the floor. She claimed they slipped out of her hands. Yea right! We missed you Amy but understood your situation. Just being together with family helps us remember how we were raised and the Love of great parents.

3 comments:

Paula said...

O, Lyle, I was getting on this morning to post about our Saturday dipping adventure - and you had just done it! THANKS! I had such a great time. Any excuse to be with family! This was something that evoked memories of Mom and that special Chirstmastime spirit of celbration & togetherness & sharing. How blessed we are to have such a wonderful heritage. To all of you that couldn't make it, we missed your company, but had you in our hearts. MERRY CHRISTMAS! ...with love.

David Cluff and Family said...

My sweet tooth hurts thinking about all that fantastic candy. So who do I place an order with? :-)

Bev said...

I wish you all didn't live so far away! I wanna make memories with you too! You are all so special to me!!!!