Thursday, June 4, 2009
Gathering Eggs
I remember going with Grandpa to feed the animals and do the other chores at their house when we would visit them in Littlefield. One particular experience stands out in my mind. I remember helping Grandpa gather eggs from the chicken coop. I was quite young at the time, probably 5 or so. I remember realizing that Grandpa was heading out the door. So I took my handful of eggs and started for the door. Of course, Grandpa closed the door behind him, probably to keep the chickens from escaping. When I got to the door, I couldn't open it. As I kept trying to open it, while exerting pressure on the door I also exerted pressure on the eggs, and they broke and got all over me. I remember I started crying, and Grandpa must have heard me, because he came to the rescue. He helped me out of the coop and helped me clean up with a hose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great story! I can just picture you being hosed off!
Cute! Such good memories!
Post a Comment