Sunday, May 17, 2009

Little things

These are some of the little things I remember about Grandma and Grandpa. When I eat before we say the blessing I often think of Grandma and what she would say about that. She would tell us to open our mouths while we prayed so that the food inside would be blessed. When I buy soft batch chocolate chip cookies I remember Grandma. I open the bag and smell inside and it take's me back to Grandma's kitchen in Littlefield. I remember her always having M&M's and cheetos in yellow tupperware containers. Grandpa grew the best melons ever. I'm always a little disappointed when I eat melons because none of them can compare to Grandpa's. He had a gift for growing them.

2 comments:

sjones said...

I remember those things too.

nbarnum said...

Alex has told me about those containers with the M&M's and Cheetos. Legendary!