Here is a picture of Grandpa Jones after Scarlet had done his hair, complete with a bow. This picture was taken around April 1993. I remember Grandpa enjoying having his hair combed. He would sit and let us comb his hair. He was patient with us girls and let us put bows and ribbons in his hair while we were combing it. Of course, once we were done we had to take them out and comb his hair like it was supposed to be.
I really like this picture of Grandpa. When I think of Grandpa, this is how I remember him (without the bow, of course!), in his overalls and a work shirt.
3 comments:
As long as I can remember, he would lay down on the couch with his head on a pillow on Mom's (Gramma's)lap and have her comb through his hair. If she was too busy, one of us kids would be welcome to do it. He would fall asleep - must have been really soothing! He had such beautiful hair!
I remember that uniform, overalls and a work shirt. He was a hard working man!
We used to do this too. Not with the bows, but we used to comb his wavy hair and pretend we were shampooing it.
Post a Comment