Sunday, May 10, 2009










I wanted to share these pictures. When dad came to Missouri to live with us this is one of the things he brought with him. They were in a double frame that folded together. When the dementia set in and dad started running away he would take these pictures with him.
As far as dates - On the back of the picture of Mom in her handwriting it says "1950 ?"
There is no date on the picture of Dad.
I really noticed a striking resemblance to Dustin when I looked at the picture of Dad.

2 comments:

Paula said...

These are my favorite pictures of Mom & Dad!

I rember her making that dress - it was red with gold flecks, and I thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world when she wore it!

I had never noticed the resemblance of Dustin to Dad before, but it is pretty strong. This is how I remember Dad looking when I first met him. Very handsome!

Bev said...

This is exactly how I remember for your Mom and Dad looking....even when they got older, this is what I saw. Your family has always been special to me and I loved your MOM as if she were my own!! Thanks for posting these pictures, Ray, so I could think of your sweet Mom on this special day, too. Gosh, your dad was handsome!!